The Athlete Information Guide is made available approximately 3 weeks before race day. This guide will provide you all the necessary information you will need from Registration to Start and Finish information. Please ensure you read this before the race!
BIKE CHECK- IN: 06:00 – 07:30 (Transition area, Hobie Car Park)
BIKE ASSISTANCE: 06:00 – 07:30 (Outside Transition)
RACE BRIEFING (COMPULSORY) for all: 07:30 – 07:45 (on Hobie Beach, next to the pier)
SWIMMERS MUST MOVE TO SWIM START HOLDING AREA VIA THE SLIPWAY ONLY : TIMING CHIP
RACE START FOR WAVE 1 - 07:50 (access to Holding area at slipway)
RACE START FOR WAVE 2 - 08:05 (access to Holding area at slipway)
RACE START FOR WAVE 3 - 08:15 (access to Holding area at slipway)
RACE START FOR WAVE 4 - 08:20 (access to Holding area at slipway)
BIKE COURSE CLOSES: 10:00
BIKE CHECK-OUT STARTS: 10:15 (or on announcement)
RUN RACE COURSE CLOSES: 11:00
BIKE CHECK-OUT CLOSES: 11:30
AWARDS CEREMONY 11:10 (on the Finish Line)
What's it all about?
The race is a triathlon consisting of a 380m swim, 18km bike and 4.2km run completed consecutively by either an individual or a 2 - 3 member team.
Entries and Categories:
- Corporate Teams (2 or 3 member teams)
- Individual (Male or Female)
- Teams can consist of 2 to 3 members of any gender.
- The minimum age for individuals and team members is 14 years on race day (NO EXCEPTIONS!)
- All disciplines must be completed - ie. one person must swim, another bike and another run in a 3-person team, while the 2-person team can divide the disciplines as they wish between the two team members.
- Each team member must be present and must sign the indemnity in person during the registration process. In case of under 18’s a parent/ legal guardian must be present for each minor to sign these forms. See the detailed event schedule for details on the registration dates and hours.
Awards & Prizes
- Trophies to the Corporate team finishing in First, Second and Third place.
- Trophy to each individual female finishing in First, Second and Third place respectively.
- Trophy to each individual male finishing in First, Second and Third place respectively.
- Trophy to the Corporate who enters the most teams.